Thursday, June 18, 2009

Faith of Our Fathers: Mike Grimes

My dad has been an amazing Christian example to me, my brother and many others. He stuck by my mom when, as a young married couple, they were hit by a drunk driver leaving my mom with multiple fractures and third degree burns over most of her body. After being released from an extended hospital stay himself, he got a job at the hospital where she was in the burn unit for six months to be near her. They lost their first child and mom's mother in the wreck and were told they may never have more children, but he remained faithful to her and our Lord and Savior through it all. Dad is a living example of loving his wife as Christ loved the church. I saw him in the word every morning and we prayed together as a family every day before we left the house. He was, and still is, a great dad and grandfather. - Tracy Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment