Thursday, May 7, 2009

Memories of Mom: Guillermina Rosas

Hello - I have so many wonderful things to say about my mom - I don't even know where to start, but here I go. When I was just a small kid, maybe age of 4-5 years old, I can remember all of a sudden not seeing my father around anymore. I can remember slightly my parents having an argument days before, not sure why. But my mom said to us at the time that my father was going away to work out of town. I never did see or hear from him from there. Little did I know that they would later be separating and divorcing. I can just remember my mother working very hard. She worked at a company where they packed oranges. At night, she cleaned offices, and also worked for a neighbor ironing and housekeeping. I know this because many times she would take me with her. But she always kept a loving smile on her face and was always very kind and friendly. She worked hard to raise four children (I'm the youngest) and never gave up. Many times my brother would have to walk ger to the bus waiting area to ride to work or to walk her to work becuase we had no vehicle. And, still, she never gave up. Many times she was very tired, fatigued but she still would come home and cook a hot meal and get our clothes washed and neatly pressed so that we could look our best at school. Many times we were limited with groceries, but she still would cook or bake anything she could find and make it special to us. She raised us to be the best and to have a humble heart at all times no matter what. My mother has been a great example to me. I have never heard her talk foul language or smoke or drink. She is a great Christian mother, friend, leader, servant, and even going through a divorce when we were so young, she did not use that as an excuse to give up on life and us and God! I love my mother (and) she deserves the best and every year she tells us the best gift we can give her is to seek and serve Jesus with all our hearts!!! Gracias Mama, te amo! -Veronica Ocon

No comments:

Post a Comment