Thursday, May 7, 2009

Memories of Mom: Marilynn Becker

All Mother's Day Memories are treasures to me. It has only been six years since my Mom has gone to be with the Lord and every Mother's Day since 2003 I miss her more and more. The fondest memories I have are when we were kids and I would stop by a local florist on my way home from work and surprise my Mom with a vase of flowers and a card. Of course when I walked in the door I had to act like I had forgotten all about Mother's Day and then when I would finally break down and give Mom the flowers, stuffed teddy bear, card and candy or whatever it was I would surprise her with she would cry as she was very sensitive, we would hug and then cry together. After Mom went to be with the Lord and we were going through all of the things she had kept I found the flower envelope from the florist, of course she kept all the stuffed animals and the cards from years past, which of course brought tears to my eyes. When your Mother is alive you never realize just how precious those moments are and how much is taken for granted. As a kid, I always thought Mom would be around forever and then when she passed away at the young age of 62, I realized at that moment that future Mother's Days would be different, especially the first Mother's Day after Mom is gone. This is in memory of a wonderful Mother who taught me many things and is missed very much. I Love You Mom and always will remember you on this special day we call Mother's Day! - Rosena Becker-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment