Thursday, February 12, 2009

Is Debbie Harkness the Sweetest Heart of all?

My wife Debbie has been through so much that she deserves more than I can possibly give. She is the strongest person I know and has a love for God that I know very few have. Last year in January she had her appendix taken out only to find out she would have to have two more surgeries. She was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and was in the hospital for nearly 6 months. During it all she was dealing with the recent death of her father who was a local pastor in East Texas. She always kept her prayer life strong and really carried me through those times with prayer. We have a 2 year old daughter who loves her mommy so much and has just learned her first song with her mother, "Jesus Loves me, this I know." With all that we've been though this past year and spending Valentines Day in the hospital last year, I want this year to be really special. I know my wife could really use some time away from the busy hustle and bustle of life and this contest would provide just that. - Thomas Harkness

No comments:

Post a Comment