Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Is Terry McDowell the Sweetest Heart of all?

One night, 11 years ago, I was up late crying over my painful memories of being an abused child. My husband scooped me up and silently rocked me like a baby for hours. Wrapped in his and Jesus’ arms my soul was soothed and healed. Because of my husband, I learned that God really does love me. Terry may appear to all the world as a just a nice down-to-earth ordinary guy, but he is living proof that God heard the desperate prayers of a once hurting 14 yr old girl who wanted to end her life. I had to wait another 14 years but He gave me the exact husband I needed and wanted so badly, the guy who truly has the "sweetest heart" and who loves me unconditionally. After a lifetime of crying myself to sleep, it never happened again after that night with Terry in the rocking chair. - Kris McDowell

No comments:

Post a Comment